Monday, August 2, 2010

100 Days 2010.73 Coventry Sky

Please view my inspiration pieces at:
http://johntimmons.com/video/archives/420
http://steveersinghaus.com/mediaplay/?p=754
http://inceptionmovie.warnerbros.com/


Coventry Sky

My friend Thomas Cobb told me once that you never remember the beginning of your dreams so if you're sitting some place unfamiliar like on the shore of a lake under a puffy white and light blue sky, stop and ask yourself "How did I get here? If you can't remember how you got there, you are probably dreaming."

"Bullshit" I said. "What if you are in the same place you always are, say a blue-checked armchair just comfortable enough to stay in forever?" Mr. Cobb looked at me quizzically so I continued "If you've always been sitting in the same blue-checked armchair, how are you supposed to remember how you got there?"

"It's impossible" he replied. "You have not always been sitting in a blue-checked armchair because right now you are sitting on the shore of Coventry Lake under a puffy white and light blue sky." He continued "Maybe you are sitting in a blue-checked armchair on the shore Coventry Lake and not where you always sit in that chair."

"Aha, but I am sitting a blue-checked armchair just like I've always been therefore I am not dreaming." I replied as I looked across the lake to see two carpenters floating by on a wooden raft with no discernible paddles. "When I'm dreaming there are trees and fire hydrants and small glass bowls filled with colorful pills. What do you make of that?"

Mr. Cobb shook his head. "You can make a list of any items and they will sound meaningful to someone so I make nothing of that."

No comments:

Post a Comment