Wednesday, June 2, 2010

100 Days 2010.12 Love is Compromise is Love Compromise?

Please view my inspiration pieces at:
http://johntimmons.com/video/archives/59
http://100days2010sue.blogspot.com/2010/06/day-12-even-numbers-are-foreign.html


Love is Compromise is Love Compromise?

I cannot mention the housewarming party in '02
And the word geyser has been stricken from your vocabulary
I turn down the TV for you and
You turn up the air conditioning for me

I love your mean stupid cat even though he bites me
You play big blue ghost with my niece even though you hate kids
I talk to your mother
You listen to my sister

You say you'll win the lottery some day and then
I will live in Paris, you in Amsterdam, and
In the evenings we will meet for dinner in Brussels
I accept that this is your idea of romance

I trick you into giving me your keys when you've had a few too many
You realize the next day it was a good thing that I did
I always want to go somewhere new
You always want to return to the special places we've been

I flew with you to Fort Wayne to finalize
Your estranged father's affairs
You hugged my grandmother at the florist while
We picked out flowers for my father's funeral

In 2000 years when aliens land on a ruined planet Earth
And attempt to learn of the civilization that once lived here
They will look for artifacts to learn more about a culture
That lived two by two and they will find:

A white porcelain cup with a brushed nickel bottom
Containing a blue and a red toothbrush side by side
And two identical bottles of contact lens solution
Mine: clean, with the cap on and yours: dusty, with the cap off





1 comment:

  1. Cathryn: I have been really loving and learning from your work and eagerly look forward to your next pieces! Hope you jump back in soon! Stormy

    ReplyDelete